If you plan to visit the beach, exercise caution as there may be riptides. In case of National Weather Service heat advisories or warnings, a list of cooling centers in the County will be listed here.
TIPS TO PREVENT heat-related symptoms:
- Drink water. Sip all day; do not wait until you are thirsty.
- Do not leave children or pets in vehicles.
- Limit physical activity and wear a hat outside, preferably with a wide brim.
- Keep shades drawn, and blinds closed, but windows should be slightly open.
- Open windows to cooling breezes in the evening.
See Cooling Tips to Survive Summer Heat (PDF). Vea Consejos para sobrevivir el calor (PDF).
High temperatures can cause serious health problems. See Contra Costa Health Services information on Heat and Your Health.