CCAS COVID-19 Shelter Services Update
(Updated June 15, 2021)
We are here to help! During COVID-19, our staff remain focused on the care and support of sick, injured or “at risk” animals. While our lobby is now open to the public, we continue to offer services by appointment at our Martinez facility. CCAS staff are available to answer calls and emails between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Tuesdays through Saturdays. Read below to learn about our current services, including adoption, return-to-owner, lost and found and stray impound services.
For more information, call 925-608-8400.
*Everyone visiting CCAS at this time MUST wear a face covering.
Online Services Available
Services By Appointment
*Pinole Shelter is closed to the public and to impounds.
◦ Regular CCAS dispatch services remain in operation.
◦ The CCAS Call Center remains open and is the main resource for the public.
◦ The Martinez Shelter front lobby is monitored by staff to assist patrons who have appointments.
◦ All auxiliary duties remind in operation (e.g. billing, bite reports, noise ordinance, etc.).
◦ All licensing requests continue to be directed to Pet Data online only.
Volunteers: General volunteer shifts have been cancelled until further notice, with exceptions as needed. During this period, volunteers will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator if assistance is needed with department tasks.
◦ Impounds limited to:
- ◦ Stray aggressive, if necessary.
- ◦ Stray sick or injured.
- ◦ Biter quarantines, if necessary.
- ◦ Domestic versus Wild- known contact- If necessary- Quarantine at home preferably.
- ◦ Inhumane cases where circumstances exist for immediate acute medical care is needed.
- ◦ Police/Fire assists, if necessary.
- ◦ Stray confined animals, as needed.
◦ Field Services continues to focus on emergency-based calls primarily rabies exposure, sick, injured and acute inhumane activities.
◦ Field Services is not currently responding to search warrants, or non-emergent types of calls.
◦ Potentially Dangerous/Dangerous Animal Ordinance Investigation Impounds:
- ◦ If the case is emergent and severe injuries sustained; we shall impound for biter quarantine.
- ◦ If Owner/Surrender in lieu of PDA/DA Permit process. Continue process of notification of PDA surrendered in lieu of permit process.
◦ Field Services will not impound a PDA/DA animal if:
- ◦ There is no threat to a resident in the home, or to public safety, should the animal stay with its owner. The PDA/DA will be handled at a later time, out of custody.
- ◦ Calls such as Domestic versus Domestics, non-priority inhumane calls, will be handled out of custody once this legal order is lifted.