Please scroll down for a list of Resources.
Watch Contra Costa Health Services Update on COVID-19 at the November 17, 2020, Board of Supervisors Meeting.
Visit the state's COVID-19 website to see latest Health Orders and updates.
November 17, 2020 - Board of Supervisors Approves Ordinance to Extend Eviction Protection to Certain Small-Business Commercial Tenants. See Press Release (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-29 (PDF). Protections for certain residential tenants were unchanged. Visit Eviction and Rent Freeze Ordinance FAQs and Resources webpage.
November 17, 2020 - Board of Supervisors Approves $4.29 Million of Community Development Block Grant Funding to Provide Emergency Rental Assistance and Tenant/Landlord Counseling and Legal Services. See Press Release (PDF).
November 17, 2020 - Health Services Media Advisory: Media Conference Tuesday to Discuss Reducing COVID-19 Risk in Contra Costa.
November 16, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: State Response to COVID-19 Spike Returns Contra Costa to Purple Tier.
November 13, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa and Other Bay Area Counties Move to Contain Spread of COVID-19. See Health Order: Limits to High-Risk Indoor Activities. Watch Health Services Q&A session online.
November 10, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: As COVID-19 Spreads in the Bay Area, Red-Tier Safety Requirements Return in Contra Costa.
November 9, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Bay Area Health Officials Issue Tips for Safer Holidays and Travel. Recommendations for Staying Safe from COVID-19 During the Holidays (PDF).
November 5, 2020 - See Health Services: West Contra Costa Organizes Mass COVID-19 Testing Event to Slow Community Spread.
November 4, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Responds Quickly to Climbing COVID-19 Cases. See Health Order Amendments: Restrictions of Specified High-Risk Business Sectors and Limits to Attendance of Spectators at Collegiate and Professional Sporting Events.
October 29, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Safe Social Gatherings Recommended to Maintain Orange Tier Status.
October 27, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa County Advances in California’s COVID-19 Reopening Plan. See Health Order Amendment for Outdoor Social Gatherings.
October 15, 2020 - Joint Statement: Bay Area Health Officials #FightFlu, Urge Flu Shots.
October 14, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Health Services Shares Recommendations for Voting Safely in Upcoming Election.
October 8, 2020 - Health Services updated Mass Quarantine Order 10/8/2020 and Orden de cuarentena masiva 10/8/2020.
October 8, 2020 - Health Services updated Mass Quarantine Order 10/8/2020.
October 2, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Health Department to Host Series of Free Flu Vaccination Clinics in October.
September 30, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa County to Begin Offering Free Flu Shots at COVID Testing Sites.
September 29, 2020 - See Press Release (PDF): Board of Supervisors Amends Ordinance to Provide Additional Protections to Commercial Tenants and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-26 (PDF) and Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-26 in Spanish (PDF) . See updated Eviction Moratorium and Rent Freeze Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Ordinance FAQs in Spanish (PDF).
September 29, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: More Businesses and Services Can Reopen in Contra Costa Thanks to Improving COVID Situation. See updated Openings at a Glance (PDF).
September 28, 2020 - Joint Statement: Bay Area Health Officials Offer Guidance on How to Celebrate Halloween and Día de Los Muertos Safely and Prevent Spreading COVID-19 Among Friends and Neighbors.
September 24, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa County Requires Local Health Providers to Expand COVID-19 Testing. See Health Order Requiring Testing at Healthcare Facilities.
September 23, 2020 - See Press Release (PDF): Contra Costa County Passes Ordinance for Eviction Protection and Rent Freeze to Provide Additional Protections through January 31, 2021 and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-25 (PDF) and Ordinance No. 2020-25 Spanish (PDF).
September 16, 2020 - See Updated Health Order: Requiring Reporting of COVID-19 Tests to Public Health Authorities.
September 16, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Announces Care Center Plan to Help Residents Transition from Homelessness.
September 16, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Health Services Recommends Planning Safe, Planning Ahead for Halloween. See more Los Servicios de Salud de Contra Costa Recomiendan Planear de Manera Anticipada y Segura las Actividades de Halloween.
September 14, 2020 - See Health Services Press Release: Contra Costa Updates Health Order to Align with California’s COVID-19 Blueprint. See updated Social Distancing Order 9/14/2020 and Mass Quarantine Order 9/14/2020. See updated Openings at a Glance (PDF).
See Active Health Orders to date. See Guide to Safer Social Interactions. See Answers to Frequently Asked Questions in English and Spanish.
See Videos related to COVID-19.
See Timeline details.
Questions? Contact multilingual Call Center 844-729-8410, daily 8 am to 5 pm. For help after hours, please call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121. Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for updates. Follow @CCCounty and @CoCoHealth on Twitter and CCHS Facebook. (You do not need a Twitter account to see posts.)
RESOURCES – Local
- See Emergency Relief Fund (PDF). You may be eligible. For more information and to apply, call 925-521-5065.
- See MAP of free and low-cost food sites in Contra Costa County. Enter your address to find locations near you.
- For Rental Assistance application and information through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Coronavirus funds, please check with SHELTER, Inc. for eligibility criteria for the COVID-19 funding assistance.
- Board of Supervisors Approves Ordinance to Extend Eviction Protection to Certain Small-Business Commercial Tenants. See Press Release (PDF). See Urgency Ordinance No. 2020-29 (PDF). Protections for certain residential tenants were unchanged. Visit Eviction and Rent Freeze Ordinance FAQs and Resources webpage.
- For COVID-19 information and service updates to CalWORKS, CalFresh, or Medi-Cal, visit Employment & Human Services. For social services, visit EHSD.org.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps families with food and support services. You may qualify for and receive support quickly. See details in News Release. Visit cchealth.org/wic or call 1-800-414-4WIC.
- Contra Costa County HICAP (Health insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) provides free, unbiased education, counseling and advocacy about Medicare and related health insurance, including legal assistance. For more information and to apply, call 925-602-4163.
- For seniors, learn how to stay connected (PDF) and find community resources for seniors.
- Be a good neighbor to the elderly and disabled: County helpline with referrals and resources for seniors/disabled 925-229-8434, Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, dial 211 or text to 898-211, or Adult Protective Services to report elder abuse at 877-839-4347. Call 911 in case of emergency. See Be a Good Neighbor flyer (PDF).
- For information about schools, check with your school district or visit County Office of Education. (See also curriculum resources).
- Unemployment and economic information and resources for businesses & employees.
- The Workforce Development Board Call Center for Contra Costa County small businesses and workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-833-320-1919, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, for information and resources. See the Press Release.
- Contra Costa Workforce Development Board, a bureau of Employment & Human Services, is providing free access to online career training via Metrix E-Learning System. Visit www.wdbccc.com.
- Property Tax information and deadlines, visit www.cctax.us.
- Call Health Services’ Multilingual Call Center at 844-729-8410. Open daily 8 am to 5 pm, for COVID-19 for information.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, tensions in relationships may increase. Supportive services agencies are still open and can assist you. Find information and help with interpersonal violence: English flyer (PDF) or Spanish flyer (PDF).
- See Contra Costa COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Immigrants available in seven languages.
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers assistance to customers struggling with their water bill due to COVID-19.
- For information about blood donations, visit http://RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- See Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office video on how to avoid scams.
- Report cases of price gouging. Email the County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit.
- For information and updates on Public Transportation, see Bart updates, County Connection, and 511 Contra Costa.
- For assistance after hours in multiple languages, call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121.
RESOURCES – State & Federal
- State of California has a COVID-19 website with links to many resources.
- Have you lost your job? See California’s one-stop resource for people impacted by job loss during the pandemic.
- See the California’s Volunteers website to learn how you can get involved.
- To apply for Unemployment Insurance, visit the California Employment and Development Department. With general questions, Call 833-978-2511, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.
- Find information about applying for disability or unemployment and if you may qualify for Paid Family Leave.
- See the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for updates and service options.
- For Federal Income Tax information, visit the Internal Revenue Service at IRS.gov. Check for tax deadline extended, Tax Relief, and more.
- For State Income Tax information, visit CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration.
- For resources to avoid scams and protect yourself financially, visit official government websites:
- Find more health information in multiple languages at California Department of Public Health.
- Get further information and guidance on coronavirus at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention homepage.
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedad en los EEUU el sitio and Twitter del CDC en Español. (No es necesario una cuenta de Twitter para ver publicaciones.)
- If you or someone you know communicates using American Sign Language, watch videos on COVID-19 on the CDC Health American Sign Language YouTube channel.