The Current Planning division is responsible for the review and processing of land use entitlements such as rezoning, subdivision, land use, development plan, tree permit, and variance applications in conformance with local, relevant state regulations, and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for proposed development on properties located within unincorporated Contra Costa County.
The division is also responsible for updating the County's zoning code. Current Planning Projects include residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Bayview Residential Project
- Brentwood Oil and Gas
- CEMEX Clayton Quarry
- CenterPoint Properties Warehouse Project
- Creekside Cemetery
- Keller Canyon Landfill
- Martinez Refinery Renewable Fuels Project
- Oak Road Townhouse Condominiums
- Phillips 66 Rodeo Renewed Project
- Scannel Properties
- Spieker Senior Continuing Care
- Tassajara Parks
Plans, Documents, and Resources
- Zoning Code - Including Area-Wide Planned Unit Developments (P-1).
- The following unincorporated areas have P-1 Zoning Codes: Bay Point, Contra Costa Centre, El Sobrante, Montalvin Manor, North Richmond, and Rodeo
- County General Plan
- Specific Plans
- The following areas have Specific Plans Alhambra Valley, Dougherty Valley (San Ramon), El Sobrante, Contra Costa Centre, Montalvin Manor, North Gate, North Richmond, Pittsburg/Bay Point BART Station Area, Rodeo, and Shell Ridge
- CEQA Guidance - California Governor's Office of Planning and Research provides guidelines about the California Environmental Quality Act CEQA)
- CCMAP is an online mapping application. It provides access to Assessor property information and is updated on the first business day of each month. In addition to property assessment information, users can view map layers such as aerial imagery, general plan, zoning, creeks, school and fire station locations. Note the general plan and zoning information is available for unincorporated County areas only.
Aruna BhatDeputy Director- Community DevelopmentPhone: 925-655-2857
Lashun CrossPrincipal PlannerPhone: 925-655-2864
Jennifer CruzPrincipal PlannerPhone: 925-655-2867
Ruben HernandezPrincipal PlannerPhone: 925-655-2865
Sean TullyPrincipal PlannerPhone: 925-655-2878
Francisco AvilaPrincipal PlannerPhone: 925-655-2866
Syd SotoodehProject PlannerPhone: (925) 655-2877
Joseph LawlorProject PlannerPhone: 925-655-2872
Current PlanningPhysical Address
30 Muir Road
Martinez, CA 94553