How You Can Help
The following outlines how community organizations and individuals contributed to the 2020 Census Outreach effort. The County's high self-response rate is largely due to the efforts of community organization and individuals in our communities. Thank you.
Sign up to be a 2020 Census Ambassador for Contra Costa County!
Are you an individual wondering how to support a complete count in Contra Costa County for the 2020 Census? We need your help!
Sign up here to be a Census Ambassador and support our efforts through phone banking, social media, and/or reaching out to your own network.
We will host monthly Census Ambassador check-ins to discuss outreach successes and challenges and to update on areas with low self-response rates.
Individuals or groups interested in supporting a complete count in Contra Costa can host or conduct virtual phone banks from home to encourage other residents to respond to Census 2020 and answer questions and concerns.
You can phone bank in one of two ways:
- Using an existing phone/contact list (call friends and family and ensure they have all responded)
- Using PDI app to reach outside your network
If you’re interested in phone banking via PDI, please reach out to staff and provide the following information:
- Number of volunteers/phone bankers you will use
- General geography you want to phone bank. This can be a Census tract, cross street, or neighborhood
From there, we will cut turf (for those using PDI) based on requests and self-response rates throughout the county. Those planning to use PDI will need to download the PDI app where their turf will be assigned. All phone bankers who plan to use PDI will be required to attend a training on Census messaging and using PDI.
Social media, Newsletters Templates, and Such
- If you haven’t responded to Census 2020 yet, remember it’s easy (9 short questions), safe (social distancing approved), and important! You can fill out the census online at my2020census.gov, by phone (numbers available in 13 languages at this link), or by mail. Your response will help decide how much resources and civic representation our [CITY/COUNTY/REGION/COMMUNITY] gets for the next decade.
Still have questions about how to respond to Census 2020? Click here to check out answers to frequently asked questions.
- Hey [name], checking in to see how you and your loved ones are doing right now and to see if you all filled out the census? I know there’s a lot going on right now, but the census will impact how much funding our communities get for the next decade. Let me know if you need any support in filling it out or with anything else. Here for you!
You can fill out the census online at my2020census.gov, by phone (numbers available in 13 languages at this link), or by mail
- Spread the 2020 Census message during your zoom calls! Download the following images and select as your custom background.