Please find local, state, and federal resources and links to information that may be helpful to you during this time. Check with the agency or organization for specific information and updates. Thank you.
- See Emergency Relief Fund (PDF). You may be eligible. For more information and to apply, call 925-521-5065.
- See list of Emergency Food Resources (PDF) in Contra Costa County.
- See MAP of free and low-cost food sites in Contra Costa County. Enter your address to find locations near you.
- See Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office video on how to avoid scams.
- Visit Eviction and Rent Freeze Ordinance FAQs webpage for forms, information & resources in English and Spanish. See Press Release (PDF) and Press Release in Spanish (PDF). See Ordinance No. 2020-16 (PDF) and Ordinance 2020-16 in Spanish (PDF).
- For COVID-19 information and service updates to CalWORKS, CalFresh, or Medi-Cal, visit Employment & Human Services. For social services, visit EHSD.org.
- If you receive CalFresh benefits, you may get extra benefits on your EBT card to help buy food. See More CalFresh flyer (PDF) for information.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps families with food and support services. You may qualify for and receive support quickly. See details in News Release. Visit cchealth.org/wic or call 1-800-414-4WIC.
- East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers assistance to customers struggling with their water bill due to COVID-19.
- For seniors, learn how to stay connected (PDF) and find community resources for seniors.
- Be a good neighbor to the elderly and disabled: County helpline with referrals and resources for seniors/disabled 925-229-8434, Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, dial 211 or text to 898-211, or Adult Protective Services to report elder abuse at 877-839-4347. Call 911 in case of emergency. See Be a Good Neighbor flyer (PDF).
- For information about schools, check with your school district or visit County Office of Education. (See also curriculum resources).
- Unemployment and economic information and resources for businesses & employees.
- The Workforce Development Board Call Center for Contra Costa County small businesses and workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-833-320-1919, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, for information and resources. See the Press Release.
- Contra Costa Workforce Development Board, a bureau of Employment & Human Services, is providing free access to online career training via Metrix E-Learning System. See the Workforce Registration flyer (PDF).
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, tensions in relationships may increase. Supportive services agencies are still open and can assist you. Find information and help with interpersonal violence: English flyer (PDF) or Spanish flyer (PDF).
- See Contra Costa COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Immigrants available in seven languages.
- For information about blood donations, visit http://RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Property Tax Delinquent Deadline was April 10. For information to assist you, visit www.cctax.us.
- Report cases of price gouging. Email the County District Attorney’s Consumer Protection Unit.
- Call Health Services’ Multilingual Call Center at 844-729-8410, 8 am to 5 pm, daily with COVID-19 for information.
- For assistance after hours in multiple languages, call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text HOPE to 20121.
- For information and updates on Public Transportation, see Bart updates, County Connection, and 511 Contra Costa.
State & Federal
- State of California has a COVID-19 website with links to many resources.
- Have you lost your job? See California’s one-stop resource for people impacted by job loss during the pandemic.
- See the California’s Volunteers website to learn how you can get involved.
- To apply for Unemployment Insurance, visit the California Employment and Development Department. With general questions, Call 833-978-2511, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.
- Find information about applying for disability or unemployment and if you may qualify for Paid Family Leave.
- See the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for updates and service options.
- For Federal Income Tax information, visit the Internal Revenue Service at IRS.gov. Check for tax deadline extended, Tax Relief, and more.
- For State Income Tax information, visit CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration.
- For resources to avoid scams and protect yourself financially, visit official government websites:
- Find more health information in multiple languages at California Department of Public Health.
- Get further information and guidance on coronavirus at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention homepage.
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedad en los EEUU el sitio and Twitter del CDC en Español. (No es necesario una cuenta de Twitter para ver publicaciones.)
- If you or someone you know communicates using American Sign Language, watch videos on COVID-19 on the CDC Health American Sign Language YouTube channel.
Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for latest updates. Follow Contra Costa Health Services on Twitter @CoCoHealth or CCHS Facebook page. Also follow @CCCounty. (You do not need a Twitter account to see posts.)