2020 - 2025 Consolidated Plan
What is the Consolidated Plan?
The Contra Costa Consortium (Contra Costa Urban County along with four of the largest cities - Anitoch, Concord, Pittsburg, and Walnut Creek) is beginning to develop the FY 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan for the use of CDBG, HOME Investment Partnerships Act (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds within a 5 year time-frame.
These federal funds, administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can be used to build new affordable rental housing, provide first-time home-buyer assistance, rehabilitate existing housing, rehabilitate homes for lower income and senior households, build new supportive housing for people with special needs, improve or construct public facilities, including community centers and parks, improve infrastructure (streets, sidewalks, etc.) in lower income neighborhoods, provide employment training and training to small business owners, and provide a wide variety of services for lower income families and individuals, and homeless person, and so much more.
Public Input & Hearings – We want to hear from you.
The preparation of the FY 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan began with holding three public community meetings and two service provider (housing and non-housing) group meetings during the months of March through June 2019. Individuals and representatives of various public agencies, community organizations, and service providers throughout the County were invited to attend these meetings. These meetings covered various topics, including but not limited to:
- Affordable housing;
- Persons with disabilities;
- Single parents/female-headed households;
- Economic Development (business assistance and job creation/retention);
- Seniors; and
- Youth and Families
The Consortium also solicited input from community organizations, public agencies, and the general public through an on-line survey that was accessible beginning in the month of March through the end of July 2019.
Timeline for development of the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan
- Community outreach and engagement (January 2019 – June 2019)
- Analyzing community needs (July 2019 – September 2019)
- Developing strategies for the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan (August 2019 – September 2019)
- Public comments on goals and objectives (September 2019 – October 2019)
- Release FY 2020/21 RFP based on goals and objectives (October 2019)
- Draft the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan (March 2020 – May 2020)
- Public comments on the 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan (April 2020 – May 2020)
- 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan considered for Approval by the Board of Supervisors in May 2020.
For more information on the five year planning process, the Survey of Needs for the Development of the 2020-2025 Contra Costa Consortium Consolidated Plan, or other opportunities to participate, please contact Gabriel Lemus with the Contra Costa County Department of Conservation and Development at (925) 674-7882.