The purpose of the Property Tax Division is:
- To build the countywide tax roll and allocate and account for property tax apportionments and assessments for all jurisdictions in the county.
- To assist in the issuance and administration of the Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes and other bond programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- General Tax: What are the different types of tax bills? When is my tax bill available? Where can I view my tax bill? How will my property taxes change when I sell my property? When can I expect to receive a corrected tax bill? Where can I find property tax increment amounts for Redevelopment Agencies or Successor Agencies? What are the phone numbers for the departments related to property taxes?
- Where Your Taxes Go: How is the Countywide 1% property tax distributed? How is the basic 1% tax allocated for my tax rate area?
- Tax Calculations: How is my tax bill calculated? What if I disagree with the tax bill? What tax exemptions are available? How are my late penalties calculated? How can I have my late penalties reduces? Why do I have taxes from prior fiscal years on my tax bill?
- Special Assessments: How are my special assessment amounts determined? Who can I contact for more information? What exemptions are there for special assessments? When will a special assessment be removed after a district's approval? What will the special assessment amounts be for the property I am buying?
- Tax Rates: How is my tax rate determined? How can I find out more information about the bonds that are part of my tax rate on my tax bill? Where can I view tax rates for different fiscal years? Can I become exempt from paying general obligation bonds? When can I expect to stop paying these bonds? How is the Countywide 1% property tax distributed?
- Tax Payments: Why should I pay my bill before my bill is corrected? How can I make tax payment arrangements?
- Refunds: How is my refund calculated? When can I expect to receive my refund? What does this refund description mean? How can I have my refund check replaced? How can I change the payee on this refund? When will I receive a refund for my duplicate payment?
- Supplemental Bills: Why am I getting a supplemental tax bill? When will I receive my supplemental bill or supplemental refund? Why am I receiving two supplemental bills?