Affordable Housing Resources
Due to the Shelter in Place Order issued by the County Health Officer on April 29, 2020 all offices of the Department of Conservation and Development are closed to the public. We continue to operate nearly all of our services and programs while working remotely and supporting the County’s emergency response efforts.
Beginning May 4, 2020 when restrictions on construction are eased by the Shelter in Place Order, we will resume accepting all types of building and planning applications, issuing all types of permits and conducting inspections on all types of construction. However, our process has changed and is now mostly electronic. Please find additional information on how to apply for and receive permits here. Please do not travel to our offices for advice or information as all our buildings and permit centers are not open. We are able to assist you by phone and through electronic communication.
For additional information on how the Shelter in Place has affected our programs and services in the areas of Policy Planning and Housing and Community Improvement please click here.
For updated information from the County about COVID-19, please visit coronavirus.cchealth.org
The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors (Board) adopted a countywide urgency ordinance temporarily prohibiting evictions of residential and commercial real property tenants in Contra Costa County impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and establishing a moratorium on rent increases. Click here for more information).
NOTE - Contra Costa County does not own or manage affordable housing rental apartments and does not provide housing placement services.
- List of Affordable/Subsidized Rental Units (PDF) - Provided here is a list of known affordable or subsidized multiple family rental units in Contra Costa County. Please call each building manager for the application or waiting list procedures.
- Interactive Affordable Rental Housing Map - Interactive web application to find affordable rentals in Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County Housing Authority
- Counseling (including housing assistance) for persons with HIV/AIDS
Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness Resources
- Call 211, and indicate that you are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to be referred to the most appropriate programs
- Neighborhood Preservation Program - Home Rehabilitation Assistance for low and moderate income homeowners.
- Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley (Home Repair) - Repairs, valued up to $10,000, for eligible low-income mobile homeowners to address health and safety deficiencies.
- Weatherization program
First-Time Homebuyer Resources
- First-Time Homebuyer Guide (US Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- FAQs for Below Market Rate Homebuyers (PDF)
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
- CALHFA (California Housing Finance Agency) - Homebuyer loans, down payment assistance, first-time homebuyer, and other programs offered by the State of California
- First Home, Inc - myHomeGateway (Homebuyer Counseling Service)