Due to the Order issued by the County Health Officer on March 16, 2020 (and the subsequent Order issued on March 31, 2020), all offices of the Department of Conservation and Development are closed to the public until further notice.
We continue to process certain applications and permits, and to perform construction inspections for certain projects, but only as consistent with the requirements of Health Officer’s Order. We are striving to continue to operate our other programs and services to the extent possible by working remotely and while supporting the County’s emergency response efforts, but please be patient with us given the extreme limitations this presents.
Please call (925) 674-7200 with questions, to schedule an inspection for an active building permit, or to discuss procedures for submitting new applications.
For inquiries on Planning and Zoning information, you may obtain service:
- In Person: Speak with our planners on duty or submit an application from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday thru Thursday, and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Friday. No appointment necessary.
- By Phone: Speak with our planners on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday.
- Self-Help: Access to our ePermit Center allows you to search Property/Permit information such as current projects, previous entitlements, application status, and parcel numbers.
New Permit Fees
Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors adopted new land development fees on December 17, 2019. The fees will be implemented on March 1, 2020.
General Application Form
- Accessory Dwelling Unit:
ADU Application Checklist Submittal (PDF),
ADU Application Processing Guidelines (PDF)
- Administrative Review (former Redevelopment Area),
- Certificate of Compliance:
How to Apply for a Certificate of Compliance Guide (PDF)
- Compliance Review
- Development Plan
- General Plan Amendment/Feasibility Study
- Land Use Permit
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Major Subdivision
- Minor Subdivision
- Planning Consideration
- Tree Permit
Decision Matrix to determine Public Works interest Variances and Second Units (PDF),
A Guide for Variances (PDF)
- Wireless Facility:
Requirements for Wireless Facility Permit Applications (PDF)