Due to the Shelter in Place Order issued by the County Health Officer on April 29, 2020 all offices of the Department of Conservation and Development are closed to the public. We continue to operate nearly all of our services and programs while working remotely and supporting the County’s emergency response efforts.
Beginning May 4, 2020 when restrictions on construction are eased by the Shelter in Place Order, we will resume accepting all types of building and planning applications, issuing all types of permits and conducting inspections on all types of construction. However, our process has changed and is now mostly electronic. Please find additional information on how to apply for and receive permits here. Please do not travel to our offices for advice or information as all our buildings and permit centers are not open. We are able to assist you by phone and through electronic communication.
For additional information on how the Shelter in Place has affected our programs and services in the areas of Policy Planning and Housing and Community Improvement please click here.
For updated information from the County about COVID-19, please visit coronavirus.cchealth.org
For inquiries on Planning and Zoning information, you may obtain service:
- In Person: Speak with our planners on duty or submit an application from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday thru Thursday, and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Friday. No appointment necessary.
- By Phone: Speak with our planners on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday.
- Self-Help: Access to our ePermit Center allows you to search Property/Permit information such as current projects, previous entitlements, application status, and parcel numbers.
Pathway for Extending Restaurant Seating into the Right of Way
During COVID-19, many restaurants are extending their outdoor seating to meet health orders. The Parklet Application is the permitting process to allow extending seating into the right of way.
New Permit Fees
Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors adopted new land development fees on December 17, 2019. The fees will be implemented on March 1, 2020.
General Application Form
- Accessory Dwelling Unit:
ADU Application Checklist Submittal (PDF),
ADU Application Processing Guidelines (PDF)
- Administrative Review (former Redevelopment Area),
- Certificate of Compliance:
How to Apply for a Certificate of Compliance Guide (PDF)
- Compliance Review
- Development Plan
- General Plan Amendment/Feasibility Study
- Land Use Permit
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Major Subdivision
- Minor Subdivision
- Planning Consideration
- Tree Permit
Decision Matrix to determine Public Works interest Variances and Second Units (PDF),
A Guide for Variances (PDF)
- Wireless Facility:
Requirements for Wireless Facility Permit Applications (PDF)
- Other, including Short Term Rentals
- Home Occupation (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Application (Fillable PDF)
- Temporary Event (PDF)
- Water Efficient Landscape Application (PDF)
- How to Develop Using Water Conserving Landscape (PDF)
- Winery & Olive Oil Mill Information (PDF)
- Property Use Verification (PDF)
- Streamlined Electric Permit Charging Station Permit
- Parklet Application (PDF)(Pathway for extending restaurant seating into the right of way)