The current business day’s building inspection schedule is posted after 8:45 AM, Monday-Friday. Inspection time frames are provided in 3 hour windows.
View the Daily Building Inspection Schedule (PDF) to see your scheduled inspection time frame for today. You will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer or device to view the file. Download the free Adobe Reader.
Enter one of the following search criteria in the Find/Search box of your PDF reader to view your inspection time frame. Your search criteria will be highlighted and the inspection time frame will be displayed on the right side of the schedule:
- Street Address (for example 30 Muir)
- Permit Number (for example BIAD11-123456)
- Parcel Number (for example 373262004, no dashes)
Requirements for Day of Scheduled Inspection
Please ensure the following to avoid the inspector from canceling the inspection and imposing a RE-INSPECTION fee on your project:
- Building Permit onsite
- Reviewed and stamped building plans onsite
- Representative who is 18 years or older must be onsite to meet the inspector
- Work is ready for the inspection scheduled
- Deficiencies found in previous inspections are corrected
- Access to the work to be inspected
Schedule Inspections by Phone
- Call (925) 646-4108 to schedule inspection with automated phone system
- View List of Inspection Codes (PDF)
- Same day inspections with automated system are accepted until 5:30 AM Monday- Friday.
- Same day inspection requests left on a voicemail will not be scheduled.
Schedule Inspections Online
Use our ePermits Center to schedule building inspections. Inspection time frame, inspection status and permit history are displayed in real time on our online ePermits Center.
- Provide a contact name and phone number for the day of the inspection when scheduling the inspection.
- Cancellations and reschedules can be done online before 6:00 AM on the day of the inspection.
- If you have missed the cut off time to reschedule or cancel an inspection, please call 925-646-4108.