IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE
Thank you for applying to the Weatherization Program. The Weatherization Program is ceasing in home services as of December 10, 2020 until the County is out of the Purple Tier. Most of the staff is working remotely. If we are unable to answer your call, please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call as soon as possible. The program will resume services in the order that applications were received. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are experiencing an Emergency your application will be processed as soon as received and deemed eligible. See below for the definition of Emergency, according to our program.
- A hazardous water heater as indicated by PG&E service report. The water heater must be located inside the home, not the garage or exterior closet.
- A hazardous heater as indicated by a PG&E service report.
If you are experiencing one of these Emergencies, please leave a message if we are unable to answer and mark it urgent. We will return your call as soon as possible.
The Weatherization Program is a Federal and State-funded program whose purpose is to assist low and/or fixed income people in making their homes more energy-efficient. The program is available regardless of whether you own or rent, live in a house, apartment, or a mobile home.
The Weatherization Program will test your gas appliance(s) to determine if they are operating properly and safely. Any gas appliances that fail the inspection will be repaired or replaced. In addition to the appliance inspection, the inspector will conduct an evaluation of the home to determine what energy-saving measures are needed.
How do I Apply?
- You must meet the income guidelines below:
- 2021 income guidelines - English (PDF)
2021 income guidelines - Spanish (PDF)
- Call (925) 674-7214 to get an application. For us to serve you better, please speak slowly and clearly, spelling your name and street name when requesting an application. Please indicate if you are an owner or renter.
- Download the application packet. After it is completed and signed, you can mail, fax or bring the application packet to our office.
- Once a client’s application has been accepted, a qualified representative of the program will come out to your home and do an on-site assessment consisting of an inspection of all gas appliances.
Energy Saving Improvements
The Weatherization Program will test your gas appliance(s) to determine if they are operating properly and safely. Any gas appliances that fail the inspection will be repaired or replaced.
In addition to the appliance inspection, the inspector will conduct an evaluation of the home to determine what energy saving measures are needed. The energy saving improvements may include:
- Installation of ceiling insulation
- Gas furnace repair or replacement
- Weather-stripping of exterior doors
- Gas stove repair or replacement
- Replacement of exterior doors if necessary
- Gas water heater repair or replacement
- Installation of carbon monoxide alarm
- Plug gaskets
- Installation of programmable thermostats
- Installation of water saving devices
- Replacement of broken windows
- Other minor home repairs