Board of Supervisors Appointed Bodies, Committees, & Commissions
Contra Costa is governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors elected to represent residents of our County. County government also includes a variety of citizen commissions, committees and other entities formed to advise the Board of Supervisors and County staff on issues and policy. County committees are created as a result of State and Federal legislation, agreements with public or private agencies, and local needs. They serve as links to our community, expanding the dialogue between the public and the County government, and enhancing the quality of life for our residents.
We welcome the participation of our residents, and have a wide variety of positions available. Some of our appointed bodies have very targeted, specific focus, while others have broad-based jurisdictional responsibilities. Elected officials, including County Supervisors, sit on some of these entities; most are comprised of people who have an interest in a facet of local government, and are to be thanked for giving their time and expertise.
The following information is available to assist you in participating:
Boards & Commissions Information
- Find current vacancies and other details for each appointed body, committee, and commission by visiting the Boards & Commissions Database.
- View the scheduled vacancies and other information in the Maddy Book and Local Appointments List for 2021 (PDF).
- Submit an Application Online or Submit an Application via mail or email (PDF)
- Use the District Locator to find out which supervisorial district you live or work in.
"Non-Maddy" Boards & Commissions
A Non-Maddy body is a board, commission, or committee to which the Board of Supervisors does not make appointments. View a partial list of current recruitments below and find more information here.
- Contra Costa County CAL-ID Remote Access Network Board is currently accepting applications for one (1) Member At-Large position. Learn more here.
I’ve been appointed! What next?
For more information, please contact the Clerk of the Board:
Address: 1025 Escobar Street, 1st Floor, Martinez, CA 94553
Phone: (925) 655-2000
Fax: (925) 655-2006