The Flood Control District manages 30 rain gauges. We collect the data from our rain gauges and publish it online every 20 minutes. You can easily find the data via our Rain Map and other links on this page.
Rain Gauge Maps
- RainMap(Interactive Gauge Map)
- Rain Gauge Location Map
- All gauges are up at this time.
- Radio Path and Viewshed Map
Rain Gauge Table Web Page
- Rain Gauge Table (with detailed recent Antecedent Conditions)
Contra Costa Rain Gauge Data
Below is link to a HEC-DSS file that contains much of our rainfall data. Where we have real time data (time stamped at each tip of the tipping bucket rain gauge) we provide data at 5 minute intervals. Where we have only 1 hour or 1 day data, we provide data at 1 hour or 1 day intervals. You will need HEC-DSSVue to view the data after unzipping the file. Not all of our data is in this DSS file. We are continuing to add data to it.
So that they would be flagged as missing, but would not skew the data plots in DSSVue, missing data has been set to equal -0.09999. Use the HEC-DSSVue Tools>Math Functions>General tab>Replace Specific Values pull down menu to change these.
Rain Gauge List with links to CDEC
Below is a list of the rain gauge stations with a link to their data at the California Data Exchange Center (CDEC).
West County Stations
- Station 15 - Rodeo Fire Department
- Station 21 - Richmond City Hall
- Station 32 - EBRPD Bald Peak, Tilden Park
Central County Stations
- Station 11 - CCC Flood Control District, Martinez
- Station 12 - St. Mary’s College, Moraga
- Station 13 - Mt. Diablo Park Headquarters
- Station 18 - Orinda Fire Station, Orinda
- Station 29 - Rossmoor Community, Walnut Creek
- Station 31 - Danville Library, Danville
- Station 33 - Ygnacio Valley Fire, Concord
- Station 34 - Rocky Ridge, San Ramon
- Station 35 - Cummings Peak, Crockett
- Station 36 - Pleasant Hill City Yard, Pleasant Hill
- Station 37 - Arroyo Del Hambre Ferndale Road, Martinez
- Station 20 - Dublin Fire Station, San Ramon
- Station 22 - Mt. Diablo Peak
- Station 43 - Concord Pavilion, Concord
- Station 51 - Weapons Station Fire Station, Concord
East County Stations
- Station 10 - Highland Peak, off Morgan Territory Road
- Station 14 - EBMUD Pump Station, Bixler
- Station 16 - Marsh Creek Fire Department, Clayton Stage Information
- Station 19 - Los Medanos, Pittsburg
- Station 25 - Marsh Creek Reservoir, Brentwood Stage Information
- Station 38 - Kregor Peak, Clayton
- Station 39 - Ironhouse Sanitary District, Oakley
- Station 44 - Bethel Island Fire Station
- Station 45 - Byron Airport
- Station 47 - Roddy Ranch Golf Club, Brentwood
- Station 53 - EBMUD Water Tank, Tassajara
- Station 86 - CCC Corporation Yard, Brentwood
The Contra Costa County Flood Control & Water Conservation District (FC District) is not responsible for predicting flooding, warning property owners of imminent flooding, or ordering evacuations. The above information is presented to provide an indication of potential for flooding based on experience and review of limited historic rainfall data. The FC District does not warranty, guarantee, or certify the accuracy of the rainfall data. The data accuracy and availability can be compromised due to equipment failure, power loss, equipment defects, loss of calibration, or Internet/radio communication equipment failure of equipment provided by others.